Nail Art How To: Blue & Black Triangles

So recently I saw a picture of this awesome nail art in the PINK instagram and thought I should re-create it. I don't have the exact same colors but I found ones remotely close. 

What you will need:













The colors I'm using are:
  • Essie - Mesmerized (blue)
  • Essie - Licorice (black)
  • Bettina - 162 (beige)
  • Top Coat of your choice

Step 1
Paint your nails with the cream color you have. You can use any natural beige color you'd like for this. I suggest apply only one strong coat since we're going to be adding more colors on top and tape, we don't want there to be too much nail polish at the beginning.

Step 2
Put a strip of tape diagonally on the top right half of your nail like so, leaving the bottom half uncovered. Do this with all your nails.
(be sure that your nail polish is completely dry because if not, when you remove the tape, you will also remove the nail polish. i suggest waiting about a half hour to dry)














Step 3
Paint that bottom half of the nail with your blue color. Remove the tape downward while they're still wet. This is because if you remove the tape when they are dry, the new color might chip.













Step 4

Repeat step 2 but apply the tape on the top left side of the nail like so.













Step 5

Repeat step 2 but with your black color. Remove the tape after.













Step 6
Wait till they have dried a bit and apply your top coat. Your finished nails should look something like this.















There are tons of variations for this nail art. You can use different color combinations, you can choose to only paint one nail in a hand or two or how many you'd like. A little tip I'd like to point out is that this requires a lot of time. It took me about three hours to finish my nails including drying time. If you have those sprays that dry the nail polish faster go ahead and use them. I have a couple but I decided not to use them so I could see how much it would take to make this without it. If you decide to re-create it don't be afraid to comment and show me a picture of your finished work. I'd love to see them!

16 comments:

  1. this is lovely! I'm going to try this out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do, feel free to show me! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow,what a beautiful design.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
      Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
      Do you also follow me on gfc?
      Lovely greets

      Delete
    2. Yes! Your blog is amazing, I love it!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful nails!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, saludos desde Puerto Rico. Tu blog esta increible!

      Delete
    2. Hola preciosa, gracias por tu visita!!! te sigo por GFC y Bloglovin!!!
      Que tengas un buen día!! y mi like en bloglovin para tu post!!!!:)))

      Delete
  4. HOLA YANZEL :D hope you're ok. I liked that nail art. Keep doing those stuff and also do beauty stuff like braids, hair and beauty. cdt
    Gina Liard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginaaa hi! Gracias por tu apoyo! :3 x

      Delete
    2. Yanzel, hice un blog a ver si saco un poco el estres y me entretengo con eso. Se llama http://versace-of-curvy.blogspot.com/. Todavia no he puesto nada pero poco a poquito pongo algo. Si puedes darme tips de como mantener un blog etc Gracias :D

      Delete
  5. That's really cool! I'm going to try it as soon as I can! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh me likes these!! have u ever done marble effect nails and if so how did u blooming get it to work!?

    http://suzi-may-materialisticgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried those, but if I do, I'll definitely make a post about them! x

      Delete

 

Followers

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin