Revlon Lip Butter vs. Clinique Chubby Stick

Hello everyone! This is gonna be the start of my own little series where I take two products fairly similar from different brands and compare them to each other. I hope you guys like it!

Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti - $8.99 / £7.99
Clinique Chubby Stick in Oversized Orange - $16 / £17 

Let's start this by saying my lips are pretty chapped, so I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing in lip moisturizers. I first tried my chubby stick in February and instantly fell in love with it. It was super moisturizing and healed my lips with just one use. It left a subtle hint of color that lasted longer than I expected. I was blown away!

However, with the Revlon lip butter, that was not the case. Now I know that a lip butter is going to be different than a balm, but I wasn't expecting this. This lip butter is so thick! It almost tugs at my lips when applying it. It sticks to my dry patches without moisturizing them and doesn't make them any better. I went to try this with hopes that since it said a "lip butter" it was going to be even more moisturizing than my chubby stick, it was not. I do not feel any difference in the texture of my lips after using it.


As you can see in the swatches, it's pretty clear which one is more moisturizing. The Revlon one goes on a bit patchy, with more colors in certain areas, while the Clinique one distributes evenly. The Revlon color is a bit deeper, but it's not a huge difference; Clinique's is softer and creamier. 

I originally bought the Revlon one because my clinique one was running out and I wanted to try something a bit cheaper. Until I find something better, I'm sticking with the chubby sticks.

If you have any really good lip balms/moisturizers, please leave them in the comments. I'd love to try something new. Have you given any of these a whirl? Which one would you prefer?


16 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one that had trouble with the Revlon Tutti Fruti as it was distributing quite unevenly on my lips. I just thought that I must've gotten a bad batch since everyone was raving about it....I haven't yet tried the chubby sticks from Clinque but I really like the ones from revlon! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too until just now. Good to know I'm not the only having the same problem with tutti frutti. Maybe it's the color.

      Delete
  2. I have the same issue with chapped lips, I've always gone for cheaper dupes of the chubby stick though as the price puts me off a bit :( But this makes me want to go out and buy one!

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not alone in this, Revlon Lip Butters aren't that great for me too, they just look bad on the lips and it's a pain to apply them! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was just me.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great review!! I'm on the lookout for a dupe of the Chubby stick. The only one I've seen with good reviews is the Bourjois one, and I can't get that in the US. :(
    -Anna
    Makeup 'n More By Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear the revlon kissable balm stain is good too.

      Delete
  5. I've been considering buying and trying one of the Revlon Lip Butters but I don't think I will now.. Thanks for this post! It was great!

    I also have the same problem with chapped lips, I wrote a post a few weeks ago on the best products I've been using. You can read it here - http://beautybyjessy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/lip-care.html

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to try the Clinique chubby sticks when they were released, but I wasn't that old at the time so I didn't have as much money for them...haha. I'm glad there's a cheaper alternative!

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there are other stuff better than the Revlon lip butters that dupe the Clinique chubby sticks too.

      Delete
  7. I much prefer the Clinique chubby sticks! I like the lip butters, but they stay on for like an hour?! I don;t get the hype at all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They have very little staying power, it's ridiculous.

      Delete
  8. I have a Revlon lip butter but I don't use it that often. I haven't tried the Clinique chubby sticks yet!

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin