Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara

The Maybelline Falsies is a mascara loved by pretty much everyone, except me.


It's got a strange wand shape that is kinda good, but I would just prefer my regular round shape brush.
The brush has a little ridge below the bristles where it bends which I do not like because I feel I can't handle it well and really get into the roots of my lashes without it bending and getting all over the place. It's annoying! For me, at least. I know some people who love this feature.


Two coats upper lashes, barely a coat on bottom.

I mean, it's a good mascara, it is, but it doesn't do what I'm looking for. It makes my eyelashes stick together, looking like I have fewer hairs. It bothers me so much. I'm always searching for a great volumizing mascara; something that will take my lashes and make them look fuller and thicker, not like I have less. This one's not it. Maybe it's because I got the flared version instead of the original, but I'm just not in love with this. Of course I will still use it until it runs out cause I already spent the money on it. Might as well...

If you're into these type of mascaras then by all means, don't let me stop you from getting this. it looks beautiful really, but it's just not my preference when it comes to mascara. I have yet to find my perfect one.

What do you think of the Falsies? Is it in your makeup bag?



22 comments:

  1. Have you tried using it upside down? Like the rainbow position where the curve is shaped like a rainbow? That helps flair out the lashes and I find that it doesn't squeeze the lashes together. But if you're looking for a good volumnizing one, try the Maybelline One By One in waterproof, or the Covergirl Clumpcrusher! They're both great and don't smudge! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that and it actually made them worse. I just give up on this mascara haha.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this review. Honestly, I like mascaras from Maybelline but it's so frustrating that not all of their collection is available in Singapore, so I don't have a lot of choices.

    Kisty
    The Style Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this one !!! I have the Black Drama one and i love it !
    NovembreBeaute

    Natassa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyelashes don't even need mascara, look at them! :o

    I'm not a huge fan of Maybelline mascaras, but I've yet to buy The Falsies as I'm using up my False Lash Effect one first. A lot of people rave about The Falsies though, so maybe it's the flared one that isn't as good?

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! xx Yeah maybe it's the flared, but honestly I wouldn't consider buying the original.

      Delete
  5. Maybelline is my favourite drugstore brand for mascaras. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good! Just this one wasn't my cup of tea.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, it does look a bit clumpy. I find Covergirl to be really good!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried the falsies one yet, but I'm trying the rocket one now and even though everyone seems to love that one I just can't seem to like it.

    I'm a new reader/follower to your blog! Thanks for coming to mine to check it out!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With those mascaras it really depends on the person. Thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  8. I really like the original one of the falsies! Try the mega volum one it works so well! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you change your blog layout? Love it!

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy just the plain old falsies. Sometimes I feel like they come out with way too many versions of the same mascara haha.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh your lashes look amazing Yanzel, so long and pretty. I'm very jealous, my lashes are rubbish! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great mascara!
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    fashionholic-queenbees.blogspot.gr
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  13. I honestly don't think the specially designed flare brush does much! I like the Maybelline Falsies black drama one but I still feel you have to get rid of loads of excess on the wand first as it can leave your lashes a bit clumpy otherwise

    http://eisforellen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin