Met Gala 2013

I was watching the Met Gala red carpet last night and I couldn't help but salivate over some of the ensembles. This years theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and I myself am not much of a punk girl, but some dresses were just so amazing that I decided to make a post about my favorites.

Number 1:

  • Nina Dobrev in Monique Lhuillier 





















This was my top favorite. I am absolutely in love with the ensemble. It flatters her figure perfectly. Her hair was so pretty and well put together. And her makeup was amazing! I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to try and recreate it.

Number 2:

  • Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture 





















The lace in this dress is what won me over. It looks so stunning! I would've preferred Rooneys lips in another color tho, but she still looked beautiful.

Number 3:

  • Amber Heard in custom Emilio Pucci 





















This dress is beautiful. I didn't get much the punk vibe from it, but nonetheless, it is stunning and looked amazing on her.

Number 4:

  • Sienna Miller in Burberry Prorsum 





















Two words... That. Jacket. The white dress gives her a classy look while the jacket gives it that pop of punk. To me, it's perfect. Love love love the hair piece and the makeup. Bonus points for the arm candy as well.

Number 5:

  • Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino 





















What's not to love? The dress is gorgeous (and cheeky too), her hair is perfect, her makeup is amazing. She looks absolutely stunning!

Number 6:

  • Emma Watson in custom Prabal Gurung 





















Emma is my ultimate girl crush/idol. She always looks so gorgeous and put together in everything she wears. This dress is lovely. And the earring was the perfect punk touch to her look. Her makeup was simple and natural and overall great. I loved it!


Of course there were more dresses that I loved, but these were my top 6. What were your favorites from this years Met Gala?

4 comments:

  1. I was really impressed with the way some people went about with the whole punk theme - I really liked Emma Watson's dress unexpectedly, even though it's not the kind of dress I'd usually like (or ever wear, really).
    I was absolutely in love with Hailee Steinfeld's dress and the little gold safety pins! It blew me away!
    Great post, lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Donna Karan one. It was amazing, I was so impressed.

      Thank you so much! x

      Delete
  2. I've always had the feeling that the weirdest dresses come out in Met Gala! I think I am correct haha. Great post! I loved Sienna's look and Emma Watson's too. I am quite shocked by Anne Hathaway!
    Great post!
    Dany
    bluebellsandowls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely! Anne totally blew me away. So unexpected. But so beautiful!

      Thank you! x

      Delete

 

Followers

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin