I'm going to California!

My first semester of this coming sophomore year of university I will be spending at California State University San Bernardino.

(source)

The reason for this is that...

I am a part of the National Student Exchange Program in my home campus, University of Puerto Rico at Humacao, which allows me to spend from a trimester, quarter and semester to a whole academic year in any participating universities across the US. I will be there from september to december just taking some equivalent courses of the classes I take here and some extras.

I love traveling, so studying while I do just seemed perfect for me. I've always wanted to experience the US college life and the dorms, which I don't here because I can drive to my uni so I just stay with my parents. This is an amazing opportunity for me to sharpen my english skills as well as get to know a culture different than mine. This will let me expand my knowledge and hopefully meet lots of new people. Also take classes that are not offered in my home campus.

Now, aside from the studying part, I can travel to Los Angeles, see all the tourist spots (I have to, I'm sorry haha) and go to concerts of my favorite bands that never come here. Meet some of my friends that live in the area and hopefully go to Vegas too. I have to see the Cirque Du Solei synchronized swimming show, if God allows.

Also, from a beauty bloggers pov, this is even more amazing 'cause I get to go to stores that I've never been to and buy products that you can't get here. I'm very excited about that as well.

So, I will be blogging about how life in a dorm is, the transition from an all spanish college to an all english college is and how sharing a bathroom with six people is gonna make me go crazy or not. Haha. And of course your normal beauty & fashion posts. Those will definitely not stop.

This trip is hopefully gonna make me grow more as a person and really open my eyes as to how other people outside of 'my world' live as well as make me a better person all together.




14 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoy your time in California! It seems like such an amazing opportunity and I'm so excited to see the blog posts that you'll come up with with your time there!

    - Juliana
    Coco and Picasso

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome... Que bueno Yanzel, te deseo mucho exito por alla. I know that you're going to adapt well and do good

    Gina// Versace of Curvy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so envious! I always wanted to experience uni life in the USA but my old university only did exchanges in Europe (and I was afraid of the language barriers!). You are so lucky :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so exciting! I'm going to LA at the end of this month. I really want to study abroad in London! xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I plan on studying abroad in England on my last year of college. Hopefully Westminster or Manchester.

      Delete
  5. That is so exciting! I wish I could live in California for a few months!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, hope you have fun in Cali! You are so lucky, would love to go there :)

    Hannah
    x

    www.splendidsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  7. Hi Dear friend Nice Pix Share Online.My pray with you Dear Friend......Got more Success Blessings in the name of GLORY.
    Join our Platform Part our Work.
    Behandling av kviser
    Restylane Sandnes
    Brystløft Stavanger
    Massasje Stavanger
    Elixir Cosmeceuticals
    Permanent hårfjerning Sandnes
    Behandling av rosacea


    STAY BLESSINGS!
    THANKS
    JOHNS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin