YSL Rogue Volupté Perle in 107 Impetuous Beige

I have a very complicated relationship with this lipstick.



I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I was drawn to these lipsticks because of the packaging. I mean, look at it! It just looks so pretty and luxurious. Who wouldn't want to have a lipstick like this in their collection?


This lipstick is a beautiful soft pink color that's super creamy, hydrating and it smells amazing. But for a girl with dry lips like myself, it might not be that amazing. If I don't scrub my lips before application, this lipstick will highlight and sit on top of the dry patches on my lips. For me, it's just too creamy. I can't really work with it unless I blend it with my fingers a lot and it doesn't have amazing staying power. Even tho it says that it's moisturizing, I just don't feel like it gives that to my lips. But, if you live for creamy lipsticks and your lips are not chapped like mine, then I encourage you give this a try.



The left picture is how the lipstick looks applied straight from the tube.
The right picture is how it looks after I've blended it with my fingers.

it's not a bad lipstick. You can see in the right picture that blended in it looks super pretty and nice. But I don't want to be blending it every time I apply it. And you have to reapply because by blending you're already taking half the color away. If I want a fast application without having to blend it, I just tap it on my lips and I'm good to go. Please don't give this lipstick the cold shoulder because of what I say, it can work differently for you. I'm just giving a heads up to the dry lipped girls out there of what to expect.

All in all, it's a great lipstick, just not for me. I would have been happier choosing the original rogue volupte or a volupte sheer candy. I bought this lipstick back in January with a gift card my aunt had given me for christmas. I'm a bit glad I didn't spend my money on it, but I'm still gonna use it until I run out because this is not a cheap lipstick.

You can get it here for $34.00. Would you give this beautifully packaged lipstick a try?




29 comments:

  1. I agree the packaging is beautiful, but I've never tried the lipstick, maybe one day! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look a lot better blended in :) The packaging is lovely but I would only purchase if I really loved the colour lol :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you definitely need to be sure of it before splurging.

      Delete
  3. Love YSL lipsticks but they're so expensive! I have 2 currently but really want a nude one!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! But, it is high end unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. I've actually heard similar comments about this lipstick! I think for a lipstick that price, you have to be totally in love with it. It does look gorgeous blended, though!

    xx
    beautearose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'd say if you're not 100 percent sure with it, don't buy it.

      Delete
  5. I've lusted after these lipsticks for quite a while now but the price is plain upsetting. It's horrible to know that you cash out so much money to get a lipstick you don't entirely love. The color is really pretty tho! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. I think you have to be super sure before buying.

      Delete
  6. Hi :)
    Just letting you know that I adore your blog and tagged/nominated you for the Liebster award (sorry if you've done it already!)
    Check out my post here

    Love your new layout btw!

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these lipsticks, I have Red Muse, I was first drawn to them because of the packaging. So glad the lipstick feels just as luxurious feeling as the package looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we are all drawn to the packaging of these lipsticks but your right your lips do need to be in a great condition before applying them. Once applied onto smooth lips though they really are gorgeous!

    Leigh

    littlepieceofbeauty.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the packaging is so amazing! So unfortunate that it sticks to dry patches, thats such a turn off. Great review! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these YSL lipsticks, they're so pretty and the packaging is simply to die for! I like the look of this shade xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I just wish I'd gotten a different one.

      Delete
  11. This looks SOOO pretty!!
    The packaging is stunning.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Have a look :D

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I've always wanted to try a YSL lipstick but at the moment I am happy with my Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried those out. Interested to know how they're like.

      Delete
  13. I love this shade, I think it would be perfect for me as I (I heard) look best in light lipsticks xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have three of these and they are my all time favorite lipsticks!! xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin